What's your opinion about Portuguese music in English language?


Video  Gomo , Feeling Alive

Some like it, others don't. If we have a mother tongue, why should we go and sing in a language that is not ours? So that our songs have more acceptance abroad? It's just a market strategy? But if we think about it for a second we'll see the most successful Portuguese singers abroad - like Mariza - sing in Portuguese, not in English. I have no CDs of Portuguese artists singing in English. I do not think they are better or worse than their foreign counterparts. I don't like it that much. I am also very picky when buying songs in Portuguese. But I have my favorites. The Portuguese are so used to consuming songs in English that no one seemed surprised when the Portuguese Football Federation chose a song by Black Eyed Peas - I gotta feeling - for the anthem National Football Team in the World Cup in South Africa...!!

Comments