Today is World Vegetarian Day!


Today is World Vegetarian Day, October 1, the annual kick-off of Vegetarian Awareness Month. I just spent the last 15 days of September without eating any fish or meat as an experience to learn more about alternative diets. I read a lot about it, saw documentaries, and tried some new recipes. This does not mean I will turn vegetarian immediately. No one changes their lives in 15 days. I think that it is important to read about it. Even if we don't change to a vegetarian diet 100% we can learn a lot about food and change some things to start. As a result of my green experience, I introduced new daily practices and developed a new awareness of what means to eat healthily.


Vegetarian diets have proven health benefits, save animals’ lives and help to preserve the Earth. Get involved in the discussion. You don't need to stop eating the food of fish altogether. Leave meat, then leave fish. Or start eating less meat and less fish. Just try it for one day, one week one month. Start a discussion about the benefits of vegetarianism with the people in your life, your family, friends, and work colleagues. Check World Vegetarian Day!

Comments