A few quotations on Love and a Valentine's postcard





Red is the color of love cardInfantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."
Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."
Immature love says: "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."
- Erich Fromm


Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
- Albert Einstein


Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.
- Ambrose Bierce


A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
- Ingrid Bergman


Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery


Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
- John Lennon


Have you even been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up this whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...
- Neil Gaiman


The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
- William Wordsworth


Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comments