December 11, 2009

JUST RECEIVED MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD!

It comes from The Portuense Centre for Photography,Directorate-General for the Archives. I get a Christmas card from this cultural institution since 2001.I attended a photograph workshop there.I keep all the cards because they are old black and white photos reproductions just like this one.This old photo was taken maybe around 1910 by Aurélio da Paz dos Reis.He is known as the father of portuguese cinema.His first movie is similar to the one brothers Lumière made in France.It depicts workers leaving factory at closing time.

1 comment:

  1. I like that - what a good idea ..... [I also like the way you have to stand in the road to post a letter - thank heavens it isn't rush-hour!]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting A Portuguese Love. Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...