I got my first Christmas greeting card!


It comes from The Portuense Centre for Photography, Directorate-General for the Archives. I get a Christmas card from this cultural institution in 2001. I attended a photography workshop there. I keep all the cards because they are old black-and-white photo reproductions just like this one. This old photo was taken maybe around 1910 by Aurélio da Paz dos Reis. He is known as the father of Portuguese cinema. His first movie is similar to the one the brothers Lumière made in France. It depicts workers leaving the factory at closing time.

Comments

  1. I like that - what a good idea ..... [I also like the way you have to stand in the road to post a letter - thank heavens it isn't rush-hour!]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting A Portuguese Love. Come back soon!