December 6, 2009

It's raining cats and dogs!

I remember highschool english class about idiom "it is raining cats and dogs", referring to heavy rain.We all laughed a lot at this expression,it was really a funny one.Well,today it has been raining cats and dogs and that's not funny at all. I do not like winter time.But I do like to wake up to the sound of rain pouring down.I found a cool illustration about this cats and dogs thing(Wikipedia).In Portugal we do not have this expression.We usually say:"Está a chover a potes.""Potes" are recipients.So nothing funny about our expression.In Brazil they say "Está chovendo canivetes." "Canivetes" are penknifes!Their expression is funnier than portuguese expression!A killer,I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for visiting A Portuguese Love. Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...