33rd CRITICS' CIRCLE FILM AWARDS NOMINATIONS



It's not difficult to make a list of films that are about or otherwise related to the Christmas holiday. With the cold weather staying home and watching a movie with our family is a good idea for sure. I have some titles I watched over Christmas and every time I think about them they remind me of Christmas, it's movies like About a boy or Bridget Jone's Diary, or

Edward Scissor's Hands. This week I had the chance to watch Warrior and I think it will fall into that category also. It's an excellent movie, you can watch it any time of the year. Even if Warrior it's about the world of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting, this movie it's also about family. It has a good story. Even if you don't like fighting I dare you to watch it. It will surprise you, I really loved it.

Well, I just read that the Critics' Circle announced the nominations for its 33rd Film Awards. Michael Haneke’s Amour and Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master lead the nominations. I was surprised to find a Portuguese film on the list. It's TABU. It's running for FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM OF THE YEAR with Amour, Holy Motors, Once Upon a Time in Anatolia, and Rust and Bone. Tabu was already nominated for Golden Berlin Bear at Berlin International Film Festival.

If you don't know what these Awards are, you can read more about it at the site of the Critics Circle Organization.

Comments