October 22, 2012

Tammy is on Fundrazr. Can you spread the word?

UPDATE: TAMMY HAS TERMINATED HER FUNDRAZR.
But you can still read about it!
Do you want to help Tammy? Check this link to go to her Fundrazr.

Tammy Winand is on Zazzle and she caught my attention because she was travelling places that I would like to visit very much. Then I discovered she does street, landscape, and architectural travel photography and photojournalism. She's been to India and Nepal with a focus on Himalayan cultures and Tibet in Exile. I found that project of hers quite interesting and sent her a message about the importance of knowing cultural diversity and how that can enriches us all. This was some months ago already. Then I lost touch with her. Since last Friday I am finally trying to re-organize myself after months away from my Zazzle store. I need to get in touch with more Zazzlers, I need to fuel my Zazzle store, I need to end designs I started...I really need to do a lot until the end of the year.That's when I found Tammy Winand again. It seems Tammy needs our help. She's raising money at Fundrazr. If you feel curious about the reasons why she's doing it, these are her own words:


" I have FundRazr campaign to help me pay rent and bills while I take time to rest, regain my health and pursue creative goals while not needing the full time work which is harming my health (I DO intend to take part time work).For those who cannot or don´t wish to donate, please consider at least sharing the link on your (Facebook) profile or page...every bit helps" 
Well, she needs a hand. Maybe you're an artist struggling to make your dream come through also. Maybe you already know it's not easy. Maybe you wished you had some help too while trying to achieve your goals! Here's some more of her Facebook timeline:
"I have created a campaign on FundRazr ...It is hard having health problems, struggling to achieve creative goals, and still being forced to work full time on top of that.I am confident that I am on the verge of being able to make my creative pursuits my full time career. But I can't do it while I am spending 11 hours a day at another job which harms my health (I have a number of physical and emotional conditions aggravated by working on my feet with the public all day.)"
It's impossible not to admire Tammy's determination. I also know that it takes courage to ask strangers and friends for money. Or even family. I and my sister had to do it recently. Her dog got sick and she couldn't afford the surgery. I suggested to fund raise over the internet but she disliked the idea. I wasn't confortable about it either. But then we did it. We had no choice. And we and got help. So I hope Tammy Winand gets lucky too. What can you do to help Tammy?

1. Please share this postage - you can't imagine how time consuming and wearying it is to spread the word. For 100 contacts I made for Davis I got 1-2 donations for our dog.
2. Send Tammy one dollar. Many people don't do that because they feel it's insignificant. I can assure you that is not. Send something, send what you can, IF YOU CAN. 
3.Promote Tammy Winand's artistic work. 

Here's Tammy Winand's artist's statement:
"I create art and photography focused on connections. Connections between the past and the present, between different cultures, between man and nature, even between colors and forms.
I am strongly influenced by the architecture and handicrafts of ancient civilizations, by sacred spaces, the native traditions of unique world cultures, and by the power of nature to reclaim what man has built into the landscape. My goal is to translate my life experience and journey through symbolism which can be interpreted by a broad audience.
Through my work, I hope to inspire others to reach for their dreams and live full rich lives."
And here's some of her photographic work from Cryptic Fragments Zazzle Store. Tammy has more stores online. Please, check her stores, promote her stores. Your help is precious and crucial for Tammy at this stage of her life. If you're a Zazzler then you're part of a community. Let's show some Zazzle solidarity. You know what? We have a beautiful Portuguese poem (from poet Ary dos Santos) that reads Natal é quando um homem quiser = It can be Christmas when a man wants.We're almost in December. Let's start Christmas earlier!
Sadhu Posters
Sadhu Posters by crypticfragments
Design your own custom made posters on zazzle.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing my work and my goals. Your kindness and generosity are much appreciated.

    Hopefully my sales will go up!

    Also I want to lwt everyone know I can create custom greeting cards in any language so a great choice with holidays coming

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting A Portuguese Love. Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...